De' fliengde Vuogtlänn'r

Observations, rants, etc. from a guy who really gets around.

24.5.05

The Book Quiz

Bonfire's Dad tagged me to answer some more questions; this time on books.

1. Total number of books I've owned.
If I had 'em all in one city, it'd take me a week to count 'em all. I have enough to start my own branch library.

2. The last book I bought.
"Off With Their Heads" by Dick Morris

3. The last book I read.
Still trying to read "The Two Hands of God" by Alan Watts, another Zen Master who does an excellent job of explaining the Eastern mind to the Western mind.

4. Five books that mean a lot to me.
A. OK, I ugess I have to lead off with the Scriptures, even tho that sounds like a corny "Sunday School" answer.

B. "The Federalist Papers"; the background on the writing of the Constitution.

C. "Zen Combat" by Jay Glick; was my introduction to Zen.

D. "Atlas Shrugged"; a great story and a great introcuction to libertarianism.

E. "Die Wende in Plauen" ("The Change in Plauen"); documents the events leading up to the "Peaceful Revolution" in the DDR.

5. I'm supposed to tag five victims now.
Hmm.... Five victims. I think I'll cross-post this on my own blog and tag five of my Linkster buddies. Probably TheFish, Kevorkian, Dora, Dirtius Maximus, and Buddha Bear.

6 Comments:

At 21:47, Blogger T. F. Stern said...

Thanks for going along, I get to learn what books I will be reading next by the list I compile. And they are sure that the finger tip at "Der Wende" was a hoax. LOL

 
At 06:36, Blogger Jahn said...

"And they are sure that the finger tip at "Der Wende" was a hoax."

You aren't confusing "Die Wende" with Wendy's restaurants, are you? "Wende" literally means "turn", as in "a turning around/away". I think it's available in English as "The Change In Plauen". Great read, if you can find it.

 
At 07:47, Blogger T. F. Stern said...

"Nine", attempting to have fun with a language I don't speak is dumb; but I tried.

 
At 13:54, Blogger Jahn said...

No problem. It's not nearly as bad as the restaurant chain *formerly* known as "Der Wienerschnitzel" (it's *das* Wienerschnitzel). ;-)

 
At 19:56, Blogger T. F. Stern said...

I was going to comment regarding Der Wienershnitzel, instead I have written a blog to explain a fun story regarding that company. I will post it this evening.

 
At 20:54, Blogger Bonfire said...

1. Total number of books I've owned.
I have no idea

2. The last book I bought.
SQL+ technical guide

3. The last book I read.
"The Last Juror" by Grisham

4. Five books that mean a lot to me.
A. OK, I ugess I have to lead off with the Scriptures, even tho that sounds like a corny "Sunday School" answer. Yeah... I agree

B. Believing Christ... It helped me understand the Atonement better

C.
D.
E.

I really just read books for entertainment

5. I'm supposed to tag five victims now... Mom, Grandma Stern, Meredith, Elizabeth, Amy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home