De' fliengde Vuogtlänn'r

Observations, rants, etc. from a guy who really gets around.

26.5.07

A Tremor In The Force

Oddly enough, it was 30 years ago this weekend that the original Star Wars was released. It's worth noting that it was released in only 32 theaters nationwide and was such a hit that it was re-released rather quickly. Oddly enough, I didn't get to see it the first time around, because the people who went to see it didn't bother to tell me they were going. ("We didn't think you'd want to see it." Yeah, thanks a pantload for letting me make my own decisions.)

At any rate, by the time I did get to see it, I was already well-versed in Oriental thought and had already read Zen Combat twice. So I think I appreciated it on a deeper level than most.

And here we are, 30 years on, and a nice little surprise pops up in the news. I can only hope George Lucas doesn't ruin it with anything stoopid like "JarJar Binks".

In the meantime, while we're waiting to see how things develop, here's a nice little something to tide people over. :-)

Want another one? OK

All right, one more.

OK, this is the last one, then you have to go to bed.

1 Comments:

At 17:48, Blogger T. F. Stern said...

...and I thought I had far too much time invested in this blogging thing... That was fun, thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home