De' fliengde Vuogtlänn'r

Observations, rants, etc. from a guy who really gets around.

3.5.11

The Storm Of The Century

For those who might not have heard, we got one helluva storm come thru the Scenic City Wednesday. Hail the size of tennis balls in the eastern suburbs, straight-line winds in excess of 100 mph, lots of rain, and *LOTS* of damage. Oddly enough, the neighborhood where I live -- sheltered somewhat by a ridge -- got almost no damage. To the south, west, and around to the northeast of me, somewhere around 85,000 homes are without power; 146 power lines down. My power winked out briefly a couple of times, but recovered. Latest casualty count was 67.

The Red Cross has a Web site up to help people keep track of each other: http://www.RedCross.org/safeandwell (I'm not registered there, though.)


You can follow the whole story at http://wrcbtv.com

More updates later as necessary. Meanwhile, I'm OK.

3 Comments:

At 09:30, Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Jahn, so glad you are OK... I was wondering about you.... Stay safe...

 
At 11:45, Blogger Debra said...

I'm glad you're okay. I have been thinking about you and am relieved to hear from you.

 
At 10:21, Blogger Jahn said...

Man, this was worse than it looked at first blush. It's almost like Katrina. Except people didn't sit around whining about the gummint not doing anything. (FEMA still hasn't shown up.) They're just getting their lives back together.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home