De' fliengde Vuogtlänn'r

Observations, rants, etc. from a guy who really gets around.

10.7.05

But Can You Buy Fleas At The Flea Market?

OK, I think I've finally got this whole yard sale thing figured out. It's an obsession.

I don't think anyone ever actually gets rid of anything. It's a zero-sum game. People just to to yard sales to buy stuff to sell later at their own yard sale. EVen the people who participate in The World's Longest Yard Sale probably go home with as much stuff as they started out with.

I'll bet that somewhere, there's a Tupperware bowl that's been on sale every Saturday since 1963.

Down the street from where I lived in Albuquerque, there was a family who had a yard sale every weekend for 18 years. I don't think they ever really got rid of anything. I'll bet they still have the same volume of junk they had when they first started.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home