De' fliengde Vuogtlänn'r

Observations, rants, etc. from a guy who really gets around.

22.10.07

Survey Says....

It's no secret that I despise telemarketers, although I'll mess with their (albeit feeble) minds, given half a chance. I especially despise their cute little habit of trying to disguise their pre-qualifying calls as some sort of "survey".

Got a call earlier this evening. Went something like this:

Her: "Blah blah blah blah yada yada yada.... brief survey."

Me: "Define 'brief'? Last time I participated in a 'brief' survey, it took 15 minutes."

Her: "Blah blah blah blah yada yada yada...."

Me: "Go for it."

Her: "Are you between the ages of 18 and 25?"

Me: "No."

Her: "Are you between..."

Me: "I'm 55."

Her: "Blah blah blah blah yada yada yada.... outside the parameters of our survey. Blah blah blah blah yada yada yada...."

Me: "Now that's what I call 'brief'." *click*

3 Comments:

At 21:25, Blogger Lucy Stern said...

I hate those surveys too...they always call at the wrong time and I don't even have time for a "brief" call....

 
At 02:22, Blogger T. F. Stern said...

The best one I heard was some fellow who upon answering led the telemarketer to believe that he'd interupted a homicide investigation. He went on to imply that since he knew the dead person by name that he needed more information, how long had he known him, were they intimate, when was the last time... and so on. I may have it in my files and will send it if I can.

 
At 13:19, Blogger Daisy Paige said...

I got that email, T.F. Stern. It was hilarious!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home