De' fliengde Vuogtlänn'r

Observations, rants, etc. from a guy who really gets around.

1.7.07

Green Eggs And Spam (Again)

For those of you who have a Yahoo e-mail address and are plagued by spam, I've sent TPTB at Yahoo a little suggestion. As things stand now, one can filter out e-mail coming from a particular address (e.g. Idiot@Morons.com) or even an entire domain.

However, the overwhelming bulk of my spam (and it does get overwhelming at times) comes from domains ending in ".info". My suggestion was that we be able to block entire domain groups (e.g., .info or .biz). I got back a rather nice reply saying that they've put my suggestion "in the hopper" to be discussed next time they confer on upgrade proposals.

Nice folks. If you have a Yahoo account, feel free to chime in and second the idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home