De' fliengde Vuogtlänn'r

Observations, rants, etc. from a guy who really gets around.

19.5.08

Moving is EXHAUSTING!

(Hat tip to my friend Deb for the title line. Ü)

OK, so a chance to move came up quite unexpectedly and über-schnell, so I jumped all over it like a rooster on a june bug. It was already after the first of May and I had said I was going to be out of the house by the end of April. So I had to go. It took about 12 trips over two days, but I did it. All by myself. And I can't believe that I schlepped that recliner all the way up the stairs alone.

Of course, there's a difference between "moving in" and settling in. Yeah, I'll be living out of boxes for a while, but at least I've got room to spread out a bit. And I can now walk around in my own home barefoot for a change. Something I haven't been able to do in well over a year.

The only down side is that I miss waking up with a certain someone's cold, wet nose in my face. I just hope she's not going thru too much separation anxiety.

4 Comments:

At 09:30, Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Sounds like you need a baby kittie of your own....Hope you enjoy your new place....

 
At 13:07, Blogger T. F. Stern said...

Jahn,

Be careful, be very careful; Lucy and Bonnie have been attempting to con me into a baby kitty of late too.

 
At 20:32, Blogger Jahn said...

IOW, the women in your life have great taste in pets? Ü

 
At 19:48, Blogger Debra said...

Moving is fun and sucks all at the same time. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home