De' fliengde Vuogtlänn'r

Observations, rants, etc. from a guy who really gets around.

23.5.06

Best Bands Ever

Last evening, my housemate taps on my door to let me know that one of the satellite channels was carrying a concert by one of my favorite bands -- The Eagles (or, as they're known in Texas, The Iggles). I tuned in partway thru, but unfortunately didn't catch all of it. Too bad. I hope they run it again.

That got me to thinking of what bands stand out as being the best. In no particular order (except the first), I'd have to say:

Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass
The Eagles
Credence Clearwater Revival
ABBA (even though I otherwise despise Disco)
The Moody Blues

There are probably a lot of others that I really enjoy, but they're the only ones I'd even consider going to see in concert. And the only one I have seen in the TJB (March 1968 in the Baltimore Civic Center).

Sigh... They just don't make music like that anymore.

1 Comments:

At 06:45, Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Love Credence Clearwater

 

Post a Comment

<< Home