De' fliengde Vuogtlänn'r

Observations, rants, etc. from a guy who really gets around.

31.7.05

"Where You From?"

One of the few down sides to all the travel I've done is that I'm forever running into the geography-impaired. Most of my real travel started while living in Albuquerque. I'd go to another state and one of the first things people ask is: "Where you from?"

"Albuquerque."

"New Mexico?"

("Is there another one?")

I even went and checked. Nope, there is no other Albuquerque. Finally, I took a cue from our good friend Bill Engvall.

"Where you from?"

"Albuquerque."

"New Mexico?"

"No... Albuqerque, Vermont. (Here's your sign.....)"

Then I moved to Chattanooga. (Don't bother; I checked.)

"Where you from?"

"Chattanooga."

"Tennessee?"

"No... Chattanooga, Wyoming. (Here's your sign.....)"

2 Comments:

At 16:20, Blogger Lucy Stern said...

You're mean! Ha Ha. I'm from Houston! Texas? Yes, Houston, Texas. Hey, When are you going to come to Houston? Fraser and I would like to meet you.

 
At 19:15, Blogger Bonfire said...

hehe... funny :)

today i was on the phone with installer support and they were giving me the password to host a pcanywhere session and the login was "techsys" but all i heard was "texas"... i guess that's more proof i'm a proud texan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home