De' fliengde Vuogtlänn'r

Observations, rants, etc. from a guy who really gets around.

3.8.08

I Lost A Friend Today

OK, not totally and completely lost. But lost nonetheless. She dropped off of LinkUp because of a few immature jerks in need of a little wall-to-wall counseling session.

I don't know what it is that makes some people misbehave the way they do. Even as far back as high school, I could never understand why some guys behave the way they do around women. Do they really think that "You're hot!" is the way to a woman's heart? Idiots.

And on top of that, they have to turn to insults when she doesn't respond favorably. Yeah, what a way to win friends and influence people.

Oddly enough, when Dori first started showing up around LinkUp, I ignored her. Didn't really want to have anything to do with her. In all fairness, she's one of the few naturally photogenic people I've ever met. You'd really have to put some effort into taking a bad picture of her. Cynic that I am, I just figured she was another one of those stuck-up narcissists I used to run into so often. Then I found out that she's friends with Deb, and I figured anyone who's Deb's friend has to be at least OK. And I found out what an awesome person she really is. My life is the better for having gotten to know her.

Well, I have her e-mail and her blog address. So I can pop around there from time to time and maybe she'll pop in here once in a while and take in my crazy rants.

But if I ever run into any of those morons....

4 Comments:

At 12:06, Blogger BeatlesDiva said...

LinkUp will ruin lives. I know it's destroyed many relationships I've had.

Sorry to her that she had to fall for the BS of that place, but a least you'll be able to still communicate with her.

 
At 20:05, Blogger Jahn said...

I don't think it's so much the place as it is some of the jerks who hang out there. They show up on other places as well.

I'm still hoping she'll come back, but as you say, at least we can stay in touch.

 
At 08:12, Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Jahn, let her know how you feel...It wouldn't hurt to let those "jerks" on Link up know that the are being "Jerks".....

 
At 11:58, Blogger Debra said...

Aww... you're too kind to me! I often forget to check your blog for updates. :S I'm going to have to figure out a better way to do it.

I did talk to Dori just after she Q. She seemed happy to finally have pulled herself away from there. I am grateful for the wonderful friends I've made there (and for meeting my husband there), but MAN, is there drama on that place!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home