De' fliengde Vuogtlänn'r

Observations, rants, etc. from a guy who really gets around.

31.8.06

An Old Friend Says Good-bye


I'm sorry. I truly am. I realize that what I'm doing will affect a lot of people, but I can't help it. I've been battling depression since at least high school. I always thought things might get better someday. But "someday" never came. And I just don't have it in me to go on anymore. I can't make it on pills and platitudes.

I don't know what's going to happen to me on the other side. It can't be as bad as here. I wish I had time to tell you what it's been like. Nothing has ever worked out for me, no matter how hard I've tried. One can only try "one more time" just so many times. I just don't have it in me anymore. I don't know how it's going to get fixed, but the only hope I have left is that things get fixed over there.


I think the greatest tragedy in life is when a person loses all hope. Two very appropriate quotes come to mind:

"The natural flights of the human mind are not from pleasure to pleasure, but from hope to hope." -- Samuel Johnson

"The masses of men lead lives of quiet desperation." -- Thoreau

No one knows what goes thru a person's mind in those last hours. This is why we should never judge people for this, but only pray for them.

2 Comments:

At 07:44, Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Jahn, I don't know what to say here, but life is too precious to just give up on. Fight for it.

I took my ham radio test last week and I told myself that I was going to pass that test. I studied the book and took the practice test for 30 hours last week. I went in to the test and passed it with a 91%. As I was taking the test, I could hear the lady behind me say, "I give up". She had only made it about half way thru and decided that she was going to fail, so she just guit. I felt really bad for her and wished she had just tried a little harder.

I know this is not a very good example but Heavenly Father sent us down here to test us. Please don't give up on the test. Maybe depression is the battle that you have to face. Look it in the eye and say, "You are NOT going to get me". Fight back! Please know that TF and I are your friends and we care about you.

 
At 05:40, Blogger Lucy Stern said...

I think I misunderstood things here. Sorry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home