De' fliengde Vuogtlänn'r

Observations, rants, etc. from a guy who really gets around.

23.11.05

Tower of Babble

"Psychology is 20% observation and 80% speculation." -- Master Doh-San

One of the things about so many psychologists that really irritates me is that they can be so condescending. Monday evening, I sat in on a gathering where the subject was "Interpersonal Relations and Communication". Yeah, single people really need that, huh?

Anyway, I chatted with the speaker afterward and remarked that his treatment of the subject matter was all well and good, but seemed geared heavily toward those who live their lives largely on an emotional plane.

Gee, you'd've thought I'd insulted his mother or something. What amazed me during the following conversation was how many times he "moved the goal posts" in order to prove whatever his point was.

2 Comments:

At 17:17, Blogger T. F. Stern said...

Jahn, Why didn't you tell me you had met my uncle? I'd have warned you ahead of time. lol

 
At 15:04, Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Jahn, Where are you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home